This Privacy Statement explains how Nu uses personal information and applies to all Users (“Users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with http://www.nuexpression.com/(the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to Nu’s practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site. If you have any questions or comments concerning Nu’s Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nu via postal mail at: 4720 Benton Road, Winston Salem, NC 27104.
PERSONAL INFORMATION NU GATHERS
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. Nu collects the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information. Contact Information allows Nu to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Nu.
Transaction Information. Nu automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps us analyze and understand how the site works for Users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with Nu, information about how you use Nu’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other Users and Nu business partners.
Posted Information. If you chose to post a comment on our blog, we may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other Users of the Site.
HOW NU COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nu prompts you to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you use Nu or otherwise interact with the Site or contact Nu.
Nu also collects Transaction Information if and when you contact Nu via telephone, email, or other methods of communication.
HOW NU USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information to enhance to enhance your user experience, to help us better understand you, to help us customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help us otherwise enhance the Site.
Nu uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate Users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve Users’ Nu experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to Users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Nu partners or third parties; and
WHEN AND WHY NU DISCLOSES PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nu will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. Nu will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. HubSpot or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How Nu Uses Personal Information”) above.
- Nu employs other companies to perform tasks on Nu’s behalf and therefore Nu must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Nu may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing Nu’s rights or protect Nu property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- Nu believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- Nu believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- Nu believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- Nu believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend Nu in litigation or a regulatory action.
- Nu believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Nu will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless Nu is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of Nu’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets. If Nu is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information before it becomes subject to a new privacy statement.
This Privacy statement only governs when and why Nu discloses Personal Information. This Privacy statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that Nu does not own or control, or individuals that Nu does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to Nu’s control. Nu is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Nu Site. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
CHOICE AND CONTROL
While Nu does need to collect certain information to make your Nu experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, Nu wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
Email Preferences. For various reasons, Nu may contact you about our services or your activity. If you no longer wish to receive emails from Nu you may opt out of the email as indicated on each and every email correspondence.
Cookies and Tracking Devices. You manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing Nu by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nu strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore Nu cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. Nu strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information.
PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTIES
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by Nu through the Site. Nu utilizes third parties to provide services to Users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than Nu. Nu encourages all Users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
Nu contains a blog and other areas where Users may publicly post information, communicate with other Users, and submit content they deem relevant for discussion. All the information you post will be accessible to anyone, at any time, with Internet access. Furthermore, Nu strongly advises you to NOT post any personal or identifiable information about yourself or contact information, including address, email, phone numbers, or other means of communicating outside of the blog. Any information you post may be read, collected, and used by others.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Nu may, from time to time, in Nu’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. We encourage all Users to periodically review the Privacy Statement.